Most men tend to get fatter, less healthy when they hit their 30s, 40s and 50s. Do we attribute that to stress, increased responsibilities and less time to look after themselves?
What’s the Problem?
We all seem invincible when we're in our 20s. When we get to our 30s, 40s, and 50s we seem to get busier than we have ever been.
How do our bodies change when we leave our 20s and enter the next few decades:
- Sleep becomes harder to come by and we wake up tired and sore
- Ankles, knees and wrists make crackling noises to remind us we are getting older
- We snack and overeat more often, typically in evenings
- We enter into a phase of consistent drinking, a change from binge drinking, making alcohol part of our ordinary routine
On the bright side:
- We probably have a good career which is rewarding and challenging
- We have more disposable income
- We develop long lasting relationships with loved ones
- We start building a family
- We become wiser and more experienced
All of the above together mean that we have less time to take care of ourselves with increased stress from work and on the home front.
When we feel busy and stressed, we:
- Let our busy schedule take over our lives
- Set unrealistic health and fitness goals which set us up for failure
- Dwell in guilt when we cannot achieve the unrealistic goals that we’ve set ourselves
- Turn to food for comfort and continue to pile on body fat
Solution 1 — Embrace minimal exercise
Just get started and feel how incorporating some exercise into your daily routine can make your joints less stiff, make you feel more energetic and be able to think more clearly.
Solution 2 — Identify the biggest gap in your nutrition and work towards fixing it
Note that we are not saying you fix it, you work on fixing it. Building healthy habits take time and consistency.
Setting ideal goals without first learning the skills to achieve them will not get you anywhere.
- Pick one healthy habit and practise for 14 days,
- Then pick another thing to try.
The goal is to practise simple, strategic actions that build up over time.
Ask yourself this question: what is the one thing I could do now to feel better about my nutrition?
Some strategies are:
- Eat one piece of fruit every day
- Take a 5 minute break to go outside for some fresh air
- Fill up a 2 litre bottle of water and place that on your work desk (after 14 days of having a full bottle on your desk, aim to drink ¼ of the bottle each day, then next 14 days, ½ bottle and finally a full bottle)
You get the idea, habits are built on and with consistency, you will be doing all the right things without thinking. When this happens, not only will you be living a healthier lifestyle, you will have more energy and time to devote to your career, family and hobbies.
You may have already tried different strategies:
- watching workout DVDs
- joined a gym
- bought Fitbit, Jawbone, Fuelband and other wearable fitness tracking technology
- tried popular diets, intermittent fasting
but they never yielded long lasting results.
This is because they are solutions that do not take into account the ups-and-downs of daily life. They don't adapt to your life and this is why you cannot stay consistent.
Solution - The secret is to stay consistent
You need to be made accountable to a program which:
- has proven success
- can fit into your daily schedule
- progress is trackable
- is customised to your skill levels, goals and the time you have available to devote to the program
You need to be made accountable to a person who:
- understands your needs
- checks in on you to ensure that you are on the right track
- provides guidance and encouragement to be consistent no matter what life throws at you
Want more time for work, rest, play and family?
How much time are you wasting now everyday wondering how you can eat healthily, exercise properly, how much and when?
Imagine following a program that is devised for you and all you need to do is to show up for training/yoga and continue to build on healthy eating habits?
Yoga XTC is created exactly for this purpose
Option 1: Our Infinity Programs
We work with you by devising an individualised program incorporating training and yoga, combined with your choice of meal plans or habit based nutrition coaching to ensure that you attain and maintain your health and fitness goals.
Option 2: Start with Nutrition Coaching
If you are not ready for the full program, starting with nutrition coaching will get you there 70% of the way. Weight management and body re-composition is 70% nutrition and 30% exercise.
Our nutrition coaching utilises the Precision Nutrition Method, a habit-based year long program which is unlike any nutrition coaching program available on the market now.
More about the Precision Nutrition Method
This method focuses on you, your current lifestyle, help you create skills to develop healthy habits that will change your life forever. No more following meal plans, being unsure about what you should eat or feeling guilty about not following meal plans.
You will emerge as your own nutritionist, instinctively knowing how to eat, how to listen to your body, what food to eat and when to eat for optimal health whatever your lifestyle is.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register to be part of our ProCoach program and you will receive at least 30% discount on our program if you enrol before our public launch date.